Thursday, July 8, 2010

Watermelon and Family Reunion


The watermelon table runner is for The Quilted Table July challenge. I love the way it turned out. The pattern is at allpeoplequilt.com.
We made it back from Kansas where we went for our family reunion. The first day was HOT and WINDY. The second day was better. Overcast and just a breeze. We had a great time visiting with family and picnicking.  Our family reunion is held every three years. We have an auction to help pay for the food and treats. I donated my red chicken potholders. They made around $30.00 for each pair. I thought that was a fair price. My husband who is known for his beef jerky and who usually brings in a lot of $$ at the auction selling it, greatly disappointed the crowd when he forgot it at home! He was then required to contribute $$ to make up for what he didn't make selling his jerky. Oh well!
Here are the home made knitted dishcloths I scored for $11.00. They are really nice! I got lucky too because the second batch of dish cloths went for $30.00. 
 Still no word on the job I applied for. Hope you are having a great summer.

4 comments:

  1. I love that watermelon! That would be great summer placemats too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- great minds must think alike! I made the watermelon slice too.... after all I am the Watermelon Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muy bonitas las agarraderas de gallinas, felicidadess y bendiciones

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really enjoy reading them.